I created this recommendations sheet to share with you the websites and products I use and love! This way you can quickly access all of the tools you need to get your business going and save money. This resource page can literally save you thousands!
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below , but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
1. Site Ground– If you are serious about turning your blog into a business I highly recommend self hosting your blog. An inexpensive way to get started with this is through SiteGround, they have super affordable plans and their customer service is amazing. Of all of the hosting providers Site Ground is by far the best for reliability and service.
2. WordPress – This is a great platform for your blog or website. There are many plugins you can use to optimize your users experience and track statistics.
3. SquareSpace – This website is hosted and created through SquareSpace. It is perfect if you want to create a professional looking website but have little design experience.
Social Media Management
1. Buffer – Batching your social media posts is one of the easiest ways to make your business more efficient. Buffer offers a free plan and you can schedule up to 10 posts at a time. I have the paid plan for $10 a month and can schedule up to 100 posts at a time. That is about one month of scheduling I can do all at once!
2. Tailwind – I love using Tailwind to schedule my pins. Seriously this one tool will save you so much time! I save all of my pins the the scheduler at the start of the week and then my Pinterest account is on autopilot. Plus, Tailwind has amazing analytics features so you can see how to best improve your account.
3. Boardbooster – This is another pin scheduler like Tailwind with plans starting at $5 a month. The overall aesthetic isn’t as nice as Tailwind, but its looping feature makes it 100% worth it. Boardbooster is a major time saver! They compliment each other, but if you can only afford one I would start with Boardbooster(you can get a free trial here).
1. PicMonkey – Is a great way to edit your photos, add text, overlays ect. There is a free version or you can upgrade to their membership for $2.75 a month. This will really help your images pop!
2. Canva – Another great photo editing alternative. There are free and paid templates or you can create customized templates. I highly recommend giving Canva a try!
3. Creative Market – I am obsessed with Creative Market. It is a collection of pretty much any creative design elements you can think of (fonts, stock photos, mock ups, blog templates, ect.) Purchasing a few items from Creative Market will really help your blog or business stand out. They also give away free items every week when you sign up for their email list!
1. MailerLite -is easily the best free mailing system available. Create beautiful landing pages and opt-in forms to collect subscribers and easily send and track campaigns (newsletters). The automation feature is top notch. You can use their free plan up to 1,000 subscribers, if you have more subscribers than 1000, plans start at $10.
2. ConvertKit – Their tagging and segmenting features make it so much easier to send targeted emails to your list. Plans start at $29 a month. This is one of the best investments you can make for your business.
3. Mailchimp – If you are just starting out and don’t have a lot to spend Mailchimp has a free plan for your first 2,000 subscribers and for $10 you can upgrade to their pro plan for life saving features like e-mail automation.
4. SumoMe – This is a fabulous tool to have on your website to build traffic. You can use it for easy share buttons, building e-mail lists, creating pop-ups ect.